My Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
This Whole Wheat bread recipe is so yummy. I have changed it a little from the original which had molasses included. I preferred it to not have as much sweetener and stuck with brown sugar and honey as the flavors and to give the yeast something to munch on!
This homemade bread is my mother Jan’s favorite and I love making it for her. She slices it up and puts it into a bread bag and tucks it into the freezer. When she needs a slice or two she can just break some off and they are either thawed in a few minutes or pop straight into the toaster.
I prefer the Gold Label Whole Wheat Flour that we buy from Walmart. Other whole wheat flours may suit you better or be available in your area or at your supermarket. No offense to other whole wheat flours, but that is my preference.
This recipe is full of flavor, when I bake for the market 1 5lb sack of flour will make 6 loaves. Cost effective and great flavor!
How to make my Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
9 ounces Water, 80-90F
1 tablespoon Honey
1 teaspoons Brown Sugar
3 Cups Whole Wheat Flour (I use Gold Medal)
1 1⁄2 teaspoons Salt
2 tablespoons Butter
2 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
1. Combine lukewarm water honey, sugar and yeast. Allow to sit for 10 minutes
2. Add all other ingredients to water/yeast and mix with dough hook for 7 minutes.
3. Allow to rise for 45 minutes or until double in size.
4. Remove dough from mixing bowl and beat down. Allow the dough to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Knead for a couple of minutes and shape
6. Place in loaf pan and allow to rise until double in size or to top of loaf pan. (I like to slash the top with a sharp knife. This provides a nice decoration and can help to prevent oven spring as the bread continues to rise in the oven.) To prevent from drying out Spray with water while rising.
7. Bake in oven for 30 minutes at 375F
Enjoy making my whole wheat bread recipe!
Hooroo from the Aussie Bread Man
Click on the Link below to Like this Whole Wheat Bread Recipe and Share on Facebook
Sign up for my eMail list on the right side of the page and receive my 2 Recipe Books for Free.